How to Order

Ordering your HebHomes kit house is a straightforward process.

First of all, register on our website and choose the house design that you think best suits your needs. Our ‘price your own home’ feature will help you estimate the total build cost. 

Next, contact us to arrange a meeting or consultation to talk you through your options and discuss any possible amendments you’d like made to our designs. We will discuss your site, advise you on our full and partial turnkey services or how to find a suitable agent (often a sole-practitioner local architect), if required. We could also arrange a viewing of one of our finished houses.

HebHomes can act as your agent and arrange your planning and building warrant applications for a set fee – this simplifies the process and reduces the number of consultants needed.

Once you have paid the £750 deposit and returned our order forms we will issue our drawings for use in your planning application. This should be undertaken by your agent (HebHomes, if you have opted for our planning and warrant service). If you are interested in a turnkey service, now would be a good time to meet our affiliated contractor so the build programme can be pencilled in.

When planning permission is secured we then prepare the working drawings for your building warrant application. This involves engineering the house for your specific site and producing energy efficiency calculations depending on choices you have made (such as house position and heating). When we have prepared the drawings we will invoice for 10% of the kit price.

Site specific drawings (location plan, block plan, drainage and sewerage design, foundation design) and the detailed architectural and engineering drawings of the house will be compiled by your agent for use in the building warrant application.

After the warrant has been issued we await the instruction to proceed with the manufacture of the kit. This often comes from your contractor, appointed after your agent has completed the tender process. At that point, we order the windows and produce the panel drawings for cutting the kit. 30% of the kit house price is due at this stage.

A few weeks before the kit is due on site we will ask for a written instruction to begin cutting the kit. 21 days before delivery to site we will invoice for a further 40% of the contract price (or the remaining 60% if no installation is required).  You will be advised at this stage is there if a change to the provisional contract price; only once the full panelised engineering drawings of the kit are ready can we confirm the final cost.

We will deliver the kit to your site to suit your contractor's schedule. We will check beforehand that the site is suitable and ready for our erection team (if booked).  17.5% of the contract price is due on delivery. After we have completed the erection the balance of our invoice will be issued.

If applicable, the joinery, kitchen and bathroom packs will be delivered subsequently to site and the convenience of your contractor. These packs will be invoiced separately.